iptv subscribe
sport news

IPTV Subscribe

Vince McMahon accuser agrees to pause sexual abuse lawsuit against former WWE boss


Vince McMahon accuser agrees to pause sexual abuse lawsuit against former WWE boss


Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive.

Please enter a valid email address.

Janel Grant, the woman who accused former WWE boss Vince McMahon of sexual abuse and sex trafficking, agreed to pause her lawsuit at the request of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, her lawyer said Thursday.

Grant’s lawsuit was filed in federal court in Connecticut earlier this year. McMahon called her claims “pure fiction” back in April. Former WWE executive John Laurinaitis and the company itself were also named in the initial lawsuit.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Vince McMahon talks into microphone

WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon speaks at a news conference announcing the WWE Network at the 2014 International CES at the Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas on Jan. 8, 2014 in Las Vegas. (Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

“Ms. Grant has consented to a request by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York to stay her case against Mr. McMahon, WWE and Mr. Laurinaitis, pursuant to a pending non-public investigation. We will cooperate with all appropriate next steps,” Ann Callis, Grant’s lawyer, said in a statement to Fox News Digital.

McMahon and Laurinaitis both denied the allegations. Laurinaitis and WWE did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital on the latest in the case.

WWE LEGEND RIC FLAIR ADDRESSES VIRAL RESTAURANT CONFRONTATION, DENIES BEING DRUNK

Vince McMahon looks away from podium

WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon attends a press conference to announce a major international event, WrestleMania XXIX, at MetLife Stadium on Feb. 16, 2012 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (John W. Ferguson/WireImage)

“We remain confident the evidence will prove Ms. Grant’s allegations are false, and her complaint is nothing more than a fabricated, vindictive narrative from a disgruntled former girlfriend,” Jessica Rosenberg, McMahon’s lawyer, told the New York Post on Thursday.

The initial lawsuit against McMahon was filed in late January.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

He later resigned as executive chairman of TKO Group Holdings, the parent company of WWE and UFC.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thank You For The Order

Please check your email we sent the process how you can get your account

Select Your Plan